The U.S. Transportation Security Administration has added six more international airlines to its expedited screening program – TSA Pre-Check.
Passengers flying with Air Serbia, Condor Airlines, Porter Airlines, Scandinavian Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines (UK) and Thomas Cook Airlines (Scandinavia) are now eligible for the program.
This means that that 52 domestic and international airlines are now in TSA Pre-Check.
TSA Pre-Check airlines:
- Aeromexico, Air Canada, Air France, Air Serbia. Alaska Airlines, All Nippon Airways. Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Aruba Airlines, Avianca
- Boutique Airlines, Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air, Cathay Pacific Airways, Condor Airlines, Contour Aviation, Copa Airlines
- Delta Air Lines, Dominican Wings
- Emirates, Etihad Airways
- Finnair, Frontier Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- InterCaribbean Airways
- JetBlue Airways
- Key Lime Air, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines,Korean Air
- Miami Air International
- Philippine Airlines, Porter Airlines>
- Scandinavian Airlines, Seaborne Airlines, Silver Airways, Singapore Airlines, Southern Airways Express, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, Swift Air
- Thomas Cook Airlines (Scandinavia), Thomas Cook Airlines (UK), Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
- WestJet, World Atlantic
- Xtra Airways
TSA Pre-Check is an expedited screening program that enables low-risk passengers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience at more than 200 U.S. airports. There is no need to remove shoes, laptops, 3-1-1 liquids, belts or light jackets.
TSA Pre-Check is available when departing from a U.S. airport to a foreign country, and for domestic, connecting flights after returning to the U.S. Travelers who are U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals and lawful permanent residents of the U.S. can apply for TSA Pre✓® for a cost of $85 for five years, or $17 per year through the TSA Pre✓® application program.
Once approved, passengers receive a “Known Traveler Number” to input when making an airline reservation and will have the opportunity to use TSA Pre✓® lanes at select security checkpoints when traveling on any of the 52 participating airlines.
Other passengers who are eligible for TSA Pre-Check include members of the three U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Trusted Traveler programs, Global Entry, NEXUS and SENTRI. The program is also available for U.S. Armed Forces service members, including those serving in the U.S. Coast Guard, Reserves and National Guard.
N.B. Image credit: © SAS