Thomson Airways unveiled its five year vision to change the face of holiday flying through new state-of-the-art aircraft, more long-haul destinations and innovative on-board product and service concepts.
They will upgrade the fleet, including two more 787 Dreamliners and 47 new Boeing 737 MAX aircrafts by 2020.
This will give Thomson Airways one of the youngest and most state-of-the-art fleets in the UK at an average age of just five years.
The 787 Dreamliner aircraft will enable Thomson to increase its long-haul capacity and fly to new destinations, including the only direct flight from Europe to Costa Rica on the 787 in November 2015. It will also be the only direct flight from the UK to the destination.
The 737 MAX will enhance the customer experience on short and mid-haul routes and, with the aircraft expected to be around 14% more fuel efficient than the current 737, will help Thomson Airways maintain its position as the UK’s leading airline for carbon performance.
A multi-million pound refresh will also be implemented across the existing fleet of 737 and 757 aircraft this winter to enhance the levels of comfort and service and provide a more contemporary on-board environment.
The airline will also continue to invest in its on-board products and services and today revealed innovative new concepts it’s planning to add across short, mid and long-haul flights over the next five years.
This includes concepts to bring the holiday experience to life on the aircraft, help customers plan their trips from 43,000 feet and seamlessly connect the crew with the overseas holiday teams.
New 737 MAX seating concepts
- Family Booth – more social seating for four to six people situated at the back of the aircraft around a table. Designed for larger families travelling to First Choice Holiday Village or Thomson Family Resort
- Duo-seating – three innovative pod style seats become two with a table for champagne, in-seat charging and mood lighting for a more spacious and luxurious start to the holiday
On-board people innovations
- On-board kids’ club – bringing Thomson and First Choice child care expertise to the skies with a fully trained member of the crew to help parents keep the kids entertained with arts, crafts and quizzes that relate to the destination
- HolidayMaker – on-board HolidayMakers on short and mid-haul flights – a member of the resort team who has extensive knowledge of all there is to do in the destination and can offer advice and recommendations to customers
In-flight technology advancements
- Inflight entertainment – new content and channels designed specifically for holidaymakers including a bedtime story channel for little ones, bespoke teenage content and destination inspiration channels on long-haul. Further planned enhancements include room upgrades, advance check-in and resort experience bookings through the state-of-the-art system
- iPad enabled crew – to personalise the customer service, share destination information and pass special requests and information over to the resort team