London is the location for Qantas’ next flagship global lounge, with construction on a new, dedicated facility at Heathrow Airport to begin in September 2016.
The premium lounge will occupy a split-level space in Terminal 3 that will have capacity for approximately 230 people and offer views over the Heathrow airfield when it opens in early 2017.
Its design will combine the signature features of Qantas’ award-winning facilities in other ports with local touches to make the design and experience distinctively London.
Features of the new lounge will include:
• Rockpool menu and dining experience
• Full-service bar with Rockpool cocktails
• Full bathroom facilities including showers
• Business facilities
• Children’s zone
Passengers eligible to use the lounge will include:
• Qantas Club members
• Qantas Business and First Class passengers
• Platinum One, Platinum and Gold members of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program
• Passengers in tiered cabins on partner airlines with a QF code
Until the new Qantas lounge opens, eligible passengers will continue to have access to the British Airways and American Airlines lounges at Heathrow.
Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce said the time was right for fresh investment in the national carrier’s presence at the world’s second-busiest international airport, particularly given the continued strong performance of Qantas International.
N.B. Image credit: qantas.com