Japan Airlines announced that it will introduce a new business class product on its 11 Boeing 777-200ER aircraft from July 2016.
The new seat will be introduced on JAL’s medium-haul international routes, starting with Tokyo (Haneda) – Bangkok. Then it will be introduced on the Tokyo (Haneda) – Singapore route and will expand onto JAL’s Honolulu route from this winter.
The seat is fully flat and provides unobstructed aisle access for every seat in Business Class.
JAL will also introduce improvements to its Premium Economy and Economy cabins on these aircraft.
The reconfigured 777-200ERs will feature 42 business class seats, 40 premium economy seats, and 154 economy seats.
Yoshiharu Ueki, President of Japan Airlines:
“Our aim is to deliver enhanced services and products to more customers. We have developed this new Business Class seat with highly in-flight habitability and provision of appropriate capacity as well. JAL will be continuing to embrace new challenges, and striving to become the most preferred airline in the world.”
The new seat, called JAL SKY SUITE III, has the following features:
- unobstructed aisle access for every seat as the configuration is 1-2-1
- fully-flat seat with plenty of legroom
- newly designed storage for holding small articles near removable armrest at aisle side
- 17-inch personal TV screen (9.0 ~ 10.4-inch personal TV screen on the existing Boeing 777-200ER)
- user-friendly storage in the seat and large swivel table for more flexibility in movement
- AC power outlet, USB Port and adjustable LED light equipped with every seat
The upgraded Premium Economy features the JAL SKY PREMIUM seat with a number of new features:
- Premium Class service with more comfortable space
- fixed-back seat providing a relaxing space even when a passenger seated in front reclines and improved seat slide
- center divider between seats at head-level for added privacy
- plastic bottle holder, cup holder, spacious table
- new touch-panel monitor
The seating configuration in Premium Economy is 2-4-2.
The seat in Economy Class will be replaced by the JAL SKY WIDER seat, which has the following features:
- seat width increased approx. 2 cm to 47 cm compared to the current seat
- seat pitch increased by approx. 10 cm from the existing approx. 79 cm (31 inch) to approx. 84 – 86 cm (33 – 34 inch)
- convenient holders near monitor and fore net pocket
- AC power outlet and USB Port equipped with every seat
- new touch-panel monitor
The seating configuration in Economy will become 3-4-2, instead of 3-3-3.
N.B. Image credit: jal.co.jp