Austin-Bergstrom airport is now giving nursing mothers a quiet place to pump or breastfeed when they travel.
The Texas airport has opened a Mamava suite-style nursing station.
Inside the soft lighted nursing suite are two bench seats, a small fold-down table, electrical and USB outlets, a mirror, and a door that can be closed for privacy. The station door displays an occupied lock sign when in use and is large enough, 4 feet by 8 feet, to comfortably fit a breast pump, carry-on luggage or stroller, and another parent or siblings.
The lactation suite is free and available on a first come, first serve basis.
Complimentary wipes and diapers, sizes 1-3, will be available in the suite from May 9-13 or while supplies last.
Across from Gate 7, in the Barbara Jordan Terminal, the station is located in front of the Austin International Sister Cities Exhibit. The location provides a more private and comfortable place to pump and nurse in the airport.
Mamava is now available at these airports:
- Austin-Bergstrom International (AUS)
- Boise (BOI)
- Burlington International (BTV)
- General Mitchell International (MKE)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International (ATL)
- Jacksonville International (JAX)
- John F. Kennedy (JFK)
- LaGuardia (LGA)
- Newark Liberty International (EWR)
- Oakland International (OAK)
- Palm Beach International (PBI)
- San Antonio (SAT)
- Spokane International (GEG)
N.B. Image credit: mamava.com