Taiwan’s STARLUX Airlines has taken delivery of its first widebody aircraft – an A330-900.
It is the first of 26 Airbus widebodies set to join the airline’s fleet, comprising eight A330neo and 18 A350s.
The airline expects to get four more of the A330neos this year.
STARLUX will start flying its A330neo on routes from Taiwan Taoyuan to major Asian destinations in May 2022. Those cities will likely include Macau, Ho Chi Minh City, Singapore, Bangkok and Tokyo.
It is the first airline in Taiwan to receive the A330neo. The aircraft features the latest Rolls-Royce Trent 7000 engines, making it more fuel efficient and quieter than previous aircraft.
At the end of January 2022, the A330 Family had won over 1,800 orders (including 353 A330neo from 23 customers worldwide)
The A330neo joins STARTLUX’s existing fleet of seven single-aisle A321neos.
STARLUX’s A330neo has two class with a total of 297 seats, including:
- 28 in business class in a 1-2-1
- 269 in economy class
The A330neo has an Airbus Airspace cabin featuring large overhead storage bins and and ambient lighting.
Business class has a 1-2-1 seating layout that allows each passenger to have their own entrance into their seat.
Features in every seat include:
- each seat can fold down into a fully flat bed
- seats covered with a cashmere silver back shell
- large privacy dividers
- storage for personal belongings like water bottles and headphones
- a mirror mounted on the door
- reading light with three different brightness levels
- wireless charger
Economy seats have ultra-thin seatbacks to increase leg room and have high-quality leather headrests. Other features include:
- the headrest can be adjusted six ways to provide head and neck support for various postures
- passengers can slide their headrest up or down six inches while unfolding the side cushions to an angle that best suits them
- each seat has a tablet holder and a cup holder
In Business Class, each seat has a 17.3-inch 4K screen, Economy Class passengers in Economy Class also get 4K resolution with a 13.3-inch screen. Bluetooth audio connectivity is available for passengers to use their own headphones onboard. 3D interactive “Kid’s map” is added for the little passengers flying STARLUX to explore the world with their fingertips.
N.B. Image credit: STARLUX Airlines