SkyTeam has reopened its dedicated lounge at Sydney with an emphasis on sustainability.
The lounge has been redesigned from the floor up to offer a brand-new space in the same place.
The space is lighter and brighter, with floor-to-ceiling windows offering views across the runway and an abundance of plants bringing the outside in.
The lounge has 149 chairs and ottomans which have been reupholstered using GREENGUARD certified upholstery. while a business area is on hand for those needing to catch up.
Food and drink
Passengers can enjoy an à la carte menu served up by in-house chefs using locally sourced, fresh produce including sustainable fish. They can watch the chefs cook treats including noodles and dumplings.
A bartender serves a selection of Australian red, white and sparkling wines, spirits and barista coffees, along with soft drinks and sodas.
Plastic waste is reduced by providing water dispensers and glassware around the lounge.
SkyTeam’s Sydney Lounge was redesigned with greater sustainability in mind, efforts include:
- Eliminating single-use items such as plastic straws and stirrers
- Water-saving cisterns and shower heads in showers and bathrooms
- Movement sensor smart technology to save energy and reduce emissions
- Participating in the airport’s waste recycling program
- Using locally and sustainably sourced produce to reduce food miles with procurement management procedures in place to minimize food waste
The SkyTeam Sydney Lounge is airside in the International Terminal, Pier B (East), next to gate 24.
N.B. All images: SkyTeam