Turkish Airlines is to start offering free and limitless messaging services to all passengers on international flights where internet access is available.
It means that all passengers in all cabins will be able to send messages not just those in the fancy seats or with elite membership of Turkish Airlines frequent flier scheme – Miles&Smiles.
The new service has the motto “Enjoy Limitless Messaging” and will allow passengers to send messages through applications such as WhatsApp, Messenger, iMessage and more.
The service will start with access on aircraft with with internet access supplied by Turk Telekom.
Gradually it will be offered on all aircraft with an internet connection.
The unlimited service is free for all Miles&Smiles members. But non-members will also be able to benefit from the service by joining the scheme – they can actually do this onboard.
For the top levels, it is an enhancement to the different amounts of free internet they now enjoy.
Miles&Smiles has four membership levels and each gets slightly different free inflight internet:
- Classic, just get the unlimited messaging
- Classic Plus, 250 MB and Unlimited Messaging
- Elite, 400 MB and Unlimited Messaging for Economy Class / Unlimited for Business Class
- Elite Plus, 400 MB and Unlimited Messaging for Economy Class / Unlimited for Business Class
More about Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines offers passengers access to digital media
- Turkish Airlines receives its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Turkish selects Panasonic for IFEC
Bilal Ekşi, Turkish Airlines CEO:
“We are adding another innovative development to the countless improvements we made for Türkiye’s aviation sector as the national flag carrier.
“By combining our innovative approach with customer satisfaction, we are ensuring our passengers will be able to freely message their loved ones above clouds, staying in contact with them without any limits.”