Tory MP believes argument against Heathrow expansion has been won
PassengerSelfService spoke with Zac Goldsmith, Tory MP for Richmond Park and Chairman of the APPG on Heathrow, about Heathrow
Mr Goldsmith believes that a third runway will not happen and he gave some reasons:
- Mr Miliband had given his word that it would not happen and Mr Goldsmith believes Mr Miliband will keep his word
- He thinks that the Airports Commission has changed from pro Heathrow a year ago
- A Tory Government would have so many Cabinet Members against Heathrow expansion that it would lead to all out Tory war if a Tory Government backed Heathrow expansion
Senior Tory Cabinet members who are against Heathrow expansion include:
- Boris Johnson, Mayor of London
- Philip Hammond, Foreign Secretary
- Theresa May,
These are the three of the four most powerful politicians after the PM, David Cameron and Chancellor, George Osborne.
Mr Goldsmith is a leading campaigner against Heathrow expansion. He is the Tory MP for Richmond Park, one of the areas that is most affected by the noise and air pollution from Heathrow.