Hamad International Airport (DOH) has introduced Passenger Digital Assistance Kiosks to help passengers at the airport.
The kiosks provide easy access to information, assist in navigation and can help passengers through live video calls to customer service agents.
The kiosks are multilingual with 20 language options and an airport map for wayfinding.
They provide information about flights, airport services, retail and F&B outlets and passenger events at the airport.
Mr. Suhail Kadri, Senior Vice President of Technology and Innovation at Hamad International Airport:
“The new Passenger Digital Assistance Kiosks are part of our overarching digital strategy to transform passenger experiences. We are committed to investing in the latest technology and innovative solutions.”
Hamad is working with Atos and Royal Schiphol Group to introduce the kiosks.
Schiphol already has a number of these kiosks and they can do a lot.
Hamad hasn’t given full details yet about the kiosks but it’s reasonable to assume they will have very similar functions as those at Schiphol.
What the Schiphol kiosks have
- A 32 inch vertical touchscreen with Full HD resolution
- A high resolution camera for clear video calls
- A barcode scanner to scan boarding passes
- Directional speakers and microphone for crystal clear agent assistance
What passengers can do at the Schiphol kiosks
- Check flight information by scanning their boarding pass
- Find their gate or airport lounge using the floor plan
- Find restaurants, shops and facilities using floor plans and FAQs
- Chat or start a video call with an airport employee
- Have an airport employee call for a mobile personal assistant
- Find contact details for the airport to get in touch by telephone or in Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp, and easily save the information to their phones by scanning a QR code
- Move to a mobile phone to continue using the platform (e.g map, POI, video call) while on the go
Marc Veelenturf, CEO of Middle East and Turkey at Atos:
“Together with our strategic partner Schiphol, we are proud to have successfully delivered this solution at Hamad International Airport to improve the digital passenger experience, and to manage passenger flow more effectively especially during the airport’s critical peak periods.”