Southwest Airlines has released an update to its iOS mobile app.
The release introduces an all-new app with a faster and more streamlined interface, providing an enhanced mobile experience for passenger on their iPhone.
In addition to browsing and booking flights, passengers also may book rental cars, access upcoming trip information, and save boarding passes to Apple Wallet from within the app.
Integration with a user’s Rapid Rewards® account allows Members to use the new express check out feature as well as access a fresh interface for tracking progress toward Rapid Rewards A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass tier status.
Withe the Southwest app passengers can:
- Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations
- View upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page
- Access and save their mobile boarding pass to their device
- Book or cancel rental car reservations
- Check flight status and setup text notifications
- Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation
- Enroll in and access their Rapid Rewards® account
- View travel and weather alerts
- Access helpful airport information
- Experience express check out (iOS users only)
LeighAnn Davis, Southwest Airlines Senior Director of Digital Marketing, said:
“New features such as express check out make booking Southwest’s low fares even easier for our most frequent Customers. The app’s new look and feel adds to the redesigned user experience and helps make everything from browsing flights, to checking in, to day of travel easier.”
The free app can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play.
N.B. Image credit: southwest.com