British Airways passengers can now meditate their way to a more relaxing flight, thanks to a new in-flight entertainment channel on the airline’s long-haul routes.
The Headspace video channel is packed with content designed to help passengers unwind in the air, by practicing simple meditation and mindfulness exercises.
Guided by Headspace co-founder, and former monk, Andy Puddicombe, each exercise focuses on a different topic, such as enabling stressed parents and anxious passengers to feel happier and more relaxed, overcoming jet lag or just helping them to get the most from every minute of their journey.
The new channel features nine specially-designed guided meditation programmes, each no more than ten minutes long, to cater to every type of passenger’s needs.
The guides include topics on:
- An Introduction to Meditation – to improve anxiety, sleep, productivity and relationships
- Take10: A Guided Meditation – learn the basics of meditation and mindfulness
- For the Business Traveller – balance focus and relaxation to arrive refreshed and prepared
- Holiday – to leave worries and distractions behind
- Jet Lag – resets the mind and body clock to overcome jet lag and feel renewed and rebalanced
- For Anxious Travellers – soothe a racing mind to enjoy the journey
- For Parents – quiet the mind to continue the journey with renewed ease
- For Kids: A Calming Exercise – creating a moment of stillness and calm
- For Kids: A Happiness Exercise – encourages a sense of happiness
To continue the meditation course on the ground, the Headspace app can be downloaded direct to a smartphone or tablet through the App Store or via Google Play.
The new channel adds to British Airways’ existing and extensive well-being content on its High Life in-flight entertainment system. This includes videos offering general well-being advice, Flying With Confidence to help nervous flyers, and Dawn Chorus: Sounds of Spring, which features the sound of sunrise birdsong in all its uninterrupted glory.
Passengers can also listen to the airline’s Well Being audio library, which features relaxing music from the legendary Ludivico Einaudi, exclusive Wind-Down and Energise Music mixes, as well as compilations of Natural Sounds (with everything from Ocean to Tropical Night sounds).
N.B. Image credit: British Airways