John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California has new interactive digital wayfinding signage.
The easy-to-use touchscreens make traveling through the airport more convenient by helping passengers locate specific restaurants, shops and amenities throughout the Thomas F. Riley Terminal.
Signs located at TSA entrances now combine airport Flight Information displays with two 46” touchscreen wayfinding LED screens, and three 37” horizontal LED screens that continually display the overall layout of the terminal’s concourse and gate numbers.
Passengers at John Wayne Airport can use the LED touch-screen wayfinding signage to locate everything in the Thomas F. Riley Terminal from sunglasses to water refill stations. They can also view menus, locate vegan-friendly options, and order food directly from a mobile device.
Highlights of the interactive wayfinding signage include:
- Identify where retail, food and beverage, airlines, and services (pet relief areas, taxi/ride-app locations, nursing mother’s lounge, ATMs, water refill stations, USO) are located in Terminals A, B, or C.
- Know the distance from one location to another to comfortably judge the time needed to reach the destination.
- Locate a restaurant and view menu options, calorie counts, vegan/vegetarian options, and gluten-free items.
- Download a free HMS Host “Host2Coast” app directly to a mobile device via QR code to pre-order a meal from seven restaurants, pay and schedule a pick-up time up to 4 hours in advance.
- View the JWAlive music program schedule for performance times and locations.
- Find information and links to wheelchairs, airlines, rental cars, and TSA Pre✓™.
- In the coming months, passengers will be able to have their mobile food orders delivered while they wait at their gate at no charge.
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is owned by the County of Orange and is operated as a self-supporting enterprise that receives no general fund tax revenue. The Airport serves more than 10 million passengers annually and reaches more than 20 nonstop destinations in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
N.B. Image credit: John Wayne Airport