AirAsia India has started a door to door baggage service for its passengers in Bengaluru, New Delhi and Hyderabad.
The AirASia FlyPorter service allows passengers to pay for their bags to be collected at their home and taken to their final destination allowing them the freedom to travel without bags.
The AirAsia FlyPorter service has a number of features to reassure passengers:
- Safe Packaging: All the bags are thoroughly disinfected at the warehouse and packed in double layered packing materials to ensure utmost safety and hygiene
- Screened Personnel: Our executives are screened regularly and use adequate Personal Protective Equipment
- Sanitised Vehicle: Delivery vehicles are disinfected regularly to enable facilitation of a clean logistics support system
- Contactless Procedures: Delivery executives follow strict social distancing procedures
- 24/7 Support: Round the clock support for your convenience
- Free Insurance: Insurance for upto ₹5000 for each luggage container and its contents
The service starts at an introductory price of ₹500 for one-way delivery to or from the airport and is available in Bengaluru, New Delhi and Hyderabad in the first phase of launch with Mumbai coming shortly.
Ankur Garg, Chief Commercial Officer:
“At AirAsia India, with our values of safety always and being guest-obsessed, the convenience and comfort of our guests has always been a priority in introducing new products and services. While guests are adapting to the new normal with air travel, we have been doing everything we can to make the flying experience safe and comfortable. This industry-first introduction of our FlyPorter service is designed to ensure that guests can travel without worrying about their baggage with a doorstep to doorstep delivery model. AirAsia has always been a pioneer in using technology to transform air travel and we are hopeful that our guests will benefit from this unique service.”
The Covid-19 pandemic has created a major shift in the travel and service industries with a significant impact on safety, social distancing and other operational policies for airlines and airports. While touchless and contactless check-in and boarding has ensured that passengers feel safe while opting for air travel, AirAsia India’s FlyPorter service now introduces a more safe, stringent and hassle-free way to transport your baggage as well.
N.B. Image credit: AirAsia