Turkish Airlines introduces a Flight Tracker Digital Globe in its Business Lounge

Turkish Airlines has introduced a Flight Tracker digital globe for use in its Business Lounge at Istanbul Airport.

With the Flight Tracker digital globe, passengers will be able to track real-time locations of Turkish Airlines aircraft, flown destinations, current weather conditions, and experience the use of many different features such as flight information and Miles&Smiles membership.

This globe was launched with live flight information and destination data, along with a unique interface design exclusive to Turkish Airlines.

Ahmet OlmuşturTurkish Airlines Chief Marketing Officer:

As Turkish Airlines, from the first day we were established, we have been working to provide our guests with a flawless travel experience, in addition to safety and comfort during their travels.

“With our new service, we offer our guests the opportunity to learn the weather of the destinations they will go to, and also the possibility to create a Miles&Smiles membership via QR code.

“We prepare and develop our solution alternatives according to the needs of our guests with the strength that the evolving and changing technology adds to our brand.”

Turkish Airlines Business Lounge at Istanbul Airport

It looks a bit gimickly but is a useful addition to the huge range of things to do in the Business Lounge, where passengers can also enjoy spending time with the Hezarfen Flight Simulator, console games, a golf area and children’s play areas.

About Turkish Airlines

Turkish Airlines (Türk Hava Yolları) is the flag carrier of Turkey. Based at Istanbul Airport, the airline flies to more countries than any other airline. The airline is now 90 years old and flies to all five continents. The Turkish government owns 49.12% of the airline and the other 50.88% is publicly traded.

Routes: Turkish Airlines operates scheduled flights to over 300 destinations in over 120 countries in Europe, Asia, Africa, the Americas and the Middle East.

Fleet: Over 390 passenger aircraft from both Airbus and Boeing, comprising:

  • 6 Airbus A319 (-100)
  • 21 Airbus A320 (-200)
  • 121 Airbus A321 (neo, -200)
  • 50 Airbus A330 (-200, -300)
  • 12 Airbus A350 (-900)
  • 132 Boeing 737 (-800, -900ER. MAX 8, MAX 9)
  • 33 Boeing 777 (-300ER)
  • 16 Boeing 787 (-9)

These numbers include the fleet of AnadoluJet.

Alliance: Star Alliance

Internet links

Turkish Airlines (TK)