Airbus launched its new cabin concept bringing together an enhanced experience for passengers and optimum performance for airlines.
The four key dimensions of Airspace by Airbus comprise: comfort, ambience, service and design.
- ‘Comfort’ is offered without compromise to provide more personal and relaxing space
- ‘Ambience’ is enhanced with mood lighting, quietness and overall sense of space
- Next generation ‘Services’ throughout the cabin provide interactive entertainment and connectivity, contemporary lavatory features and an enhanced working environment for the crew
- ‘Design’ elements which create visually appealing customizable cabins and ergonomic features and are also ‘designed to perform’ for the benefit of the airlines’ operations
Enhanced experience for passengers
Airspace cabins will be more relaxing, inspiring, beautiful and functional, they will stimulate a unique and leading passenger experience.
Signature design elements recognisable throughout all Airspace cabins include:
- wider seats
- larger overhead storage bins
- spacious, contemporary lavatories with antibacterial surfaces
- unobstructed under-seat foot space
Other features are a unique and customisable welcome area at the main passenger boarding door, the latest in LED technology for ambient lighting, as well as clean shapes and surfaces throughout the interior.
Optimum performance for airlines
Features for operators include:
- a range of new galley/lavatory options such as modular Space-Flex to maximise trolley capacity
- wheelchair-accessible lavatory configurations to suit individual airline requirements
- freeing up of main deck space to allow for additional seating
Altogether, these aspects result in an aesthetically-pleasing design combined with not just a ‘feeling’ of space, but real space – which is fulfilled in the brand new cabin for the A330neo.
Airbus A330neo (new engine option) version
The concept will be introduced with Airbus’ widebody A330neo (new engine option) version – and incorporated on the A350 XWB – Airspace cabins offer a more relaxing, inspiring, attractive and functional environment for passengers and optimises the use of cabin space for operators.
Dr. Kiran Rao, Airbus’ Executive Vice President of Strategy and Marketing:
“Airbus’ history of success is down to innovation – which has always included the cabin as a key driver. With the great passenger feedback on the A350 XWB, and our application of A350 cabin technology and features to the A330neo, we are proud to embrace our cabin design principles through our new brand – Airspace by Airbus.
“The new A330neo is the launch vehicle for this brand, which along with the A350 XWB begins a new family of Airbus cabins. These will inspire and empower airlines to build the next generation of personalized flying experience for their passengers, while and at the same time optimizing the economic performance of their aircraft space.
“The A380 already offers the best comfort of any aircraft, and the A320 is the top in its single-aisle category. Airspace is another step forward, reflecting our decision to bring consistency on our two best-selling widebody aircraft: the A350 XWB and A330neo.
“Such signature details and iconic elements will add to passengers’ enjoyment of flight, while offering a flexible canvas to which the airlines can project their own brand.”
N.B. Image credit: airbus.com