Dallas Fort Worth International Airport has become the first airport in the U.S. to offer its app for Apple Watch.
The DFW Apple Watch app, launched together with an upgraded version of the DFW Mobile App, provides flight information and notifications on the Apple Watch after it is synced with the DFW Mobile App on a smartphone.
The DFW Mobile App also received an update that features six additional languages including Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
DFW unveiled its all-new version of the Official DFW Airport Mobile App in November 2015 with customer experience enhancements that allow users quick and easy access to the airport information they need such as flight information, parking and services and by placing that information within easy access.
The DFW Airport Mobile App and Apple Watch app are designed to reduce the stress of the traveler. This is accomplished by focusing on the passenger’s basic needs through the intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, personalized flight information, and simple yet powerful search capabilities.
Additional DFW Mobile App features include:
- Now available in 7 languages (English, Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese)
- News and weather alerts available on passengers home screen
- Enhanced Flight Search with auto completion
- Helpful wayfinding information. For example, passengers can receive updated information on what to do at DFW when their flight is delayed, or can stay informed on where to find the nearest Skylink station if their terminal changes
- Passengers can save their parking spot in two new ways: Take a photo or save the location with GPS
- Passengers can sign up for DFW’s Airwire newsletter and access DFW’s official social media profiles
- Passengers can control the app settings from the drawer menu
The App was developed by DFW Airport together with Amsterdam-based airport app specialist M2mobi.
N.B. Image credit: dfwairport.com