Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC)is the latest airport to offer the Mobile Passport Control (MPC) app.
SJC is the twelfth airport to offer the app.
Eligible passengers submit their passport information and customs declaration form to CBP via the smartphone and tablet app before arrival. Android and iPhone users can download Mobile Passport for free from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
MPC currently offers U.S. citizens and Canadian visitors a more secure and efficient in-person inspection between the CBP officer and the passenger upon arrival in the United States. Much like Automated Passport Control (APC), the app does not require pre-approval, is free to use and does not collect any new information from travelers. As a result, passengers will experience shorter wait times, less congestion and faster processing.
How it works
Passenger follow these five steps to use MPC:
- Download the Mobile Passport Control App from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store before arrival
- Create a profile with their passport information
- Complete the “New Trip” section upon arrival in the United States
- Submit the customs declaration form through the app to receive an electronic receipt with an Encrypted Quick Response (QR) code.
- Bring their passport and smartphone or tablet with the digital bar-coded receipt to a CBP officer
San Jose Director of Aviation Kim Becker:
“I expect the Mobile Passport Control app will be warmly received and highly utilized by Silicon Valley travelers as they have become familiar with high-tech services and conveniences being offered at SJC. The app is particularly important for SJC this summer and beyond as we continue to add international airlines and destinations, resulting in more travelers arriving through our International Arrivals facility.”
CBP has committed to expand the program to the 20 airports with the highest volumes of international passengers by the end of 2016.
Mineta San José International Airport (SJC)