Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) has retired its A340 fleet.
The final A340 flight was from Copenhagen to Tuscon on 01 December 2020.
The final flight was tracked on flightradar.
According to sas.com, the airline still had 7 of the aircraft on 30 April 2020.
SAS joins Iberia and Virgin Atlantic in retiring the A340 this year.
Lufthansa’s fleet is grounded and possibly might not fly again.
Airlines still flying A340s
A number of airlines are still flying the A340, including:
- Swiss (LX) – Zurich-based Swiss flag carrier has 4 A340s
- South African Airways (SA) – Johannesburg-based national carrier has between 6 and 10 A340s
- Mahan Air (W5) – Iran carrier with 12 A340s
- Plus Ultra (PU) – Madrid-based airline with 4 A340s
- Hi fly (5K) – Lisbon-based carrier with 6 A340s
N.B. Image credit: